Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Asylum Diaries

Waking up from a nightmare
I look around to see there's no one there
A warm drop of sweat brushes down my brow
Eyes deluging with terror and sorrow
It's still dark when I wake up again.

I guess I just can't sleep right
not with these memories, not in this life,
Its all futile; trying to fall asleep in vain
Living undone, quietly as I watch my life drain

I haven't breathed a sigh since you left
I have never smiled since you wept
An oblivious life, I lead in self-deprivation,
in false imagery and vague anticipation

The tears have all dried, its been long since I cried
Gazing into nothing, with eyes open wide
No voices around me, just whispers in silence
No sounds of your laughter or tunes of your violins

When midnight strikes, I sit by the window
No more songbirds on the branches, only a shrieking crow
I hear the sound of your footsteps on the fallen leaves below
And the cold wind knocks down and leaves open the door

Grasping for the wind, confined in this unholy constrain
What's this life, without you? Why do I cling so dearly to this pain?
I walk a corpse, I can't feel my own breath
Finding meaning in longing and purpose in death

No comments:

Post a Comment