Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Impasse

I bite the hook for little vermin
that you stuck out as bait,
I slowly creep into the rat-trap
while patiently you wait.
You drag me helpless all along,
I bleed, and I leave marks
But you wipe your floor as clean as new
then feed me to the sharks.

But little by little
your limbs turn brittle,
coz nothing's worth a dime.
So you give up all
and watch me crawl,
but you die a little every time.

So that's the plot of our tragic story,
the drama that's for none to see
And if at all we were to show,
they'd pass it for a comedy.
So you drag me out into the daylight
and leave me on the road,
I'm run down by the speeding cars
while you still bear your load.

But little by little
your limbs turn brittle
and you crumble to the ground,
And you give up all
to watch me crawl
but never make a sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment